Settling in before school begins:
- You see a student waving vigorously just to greet you.
- A tells you, “Mum arrived this morning and here’s what she bought me.”
- P tells you all about her weekend and the candy she ate that, made her ill.
- H tells you about a celebration in Pakistan which is this week but was celebrated by his family and friends over the weekend.
- Room parents accost you to find out who the misplaced key belonged to.
- A parent of a former student reminds you of the attire for the International Festival.
- I ask my teaching assistant about her birthday celebration, over the weekend.
- Finally when each student opens the ‘In’ door they shout,
”Good morning Ms. Juliette, Good morning Ms. Rebecca.”