Tuesday 20 March 2018

Memories





At the Market

Many noisy competitors
Arranged in specific areas
Reaching out to customers
Keen to clear their stock
Everyday there is chaos
Till the end of the day


Miles and miles of sellers
Always calling out their wares
Rows of the same products
Kebabs sizzling freely
Everyday there is chaos
Trying to shop in this space


Merrily walking in town
Aimlessly strolling to get there
Really taking note of my surroundings
Karts dragging different goods and foods
Everyday there is chaos

Till I get to my destination.

Writing poetry from different perspectives, the seller, buyer and
pedestrian.

1 comment:

  1. Brings back fond memories of my day at Makola Market in Accra. I was taken there by some lovely ladies and led to all the best shops and tasted all the best foods.

    ReplyDelete