Thursday 8 March 2018

Memories


Mama


Mama and I had a bond
As tight as a lid
I never let it loose


Her words were my guide
I held on tight
Opening up to receive more


She trusted and entrusted
Had total hope that we all would
Succeed in all we touched


We did not let her down
Why would we let spill
What we held onto so firmly


Her words were our comfort
Through all the ups and downs
She was our star, we were her fans


As she sang, we danced
The music was superb
We needed the support
Until…

The lid fell and the music stopped.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute. I like the image of "As she sang, we danced."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem and such a gift we have received from our Mamas. The lid may have fallen and the music stopped, but never in your heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lid and vessel references.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I loved the line "She was our star, we were her fans". I often feel that way about my mom. There is no one I look up to as much as my mother.

    ReplyDelete