Thursday 29 March 2018


Memories





I got the idea of  'Writing without sight', from Dana Murphy's post on
the 12th of March 2015 - Two Writing Teachers website. I decided
to create one.

Vera's Student-Led Conference

The creaky door slowly closes, I hear foot steps, chairs are dragged
making a scrapping sound. I hear dad's voice, mum asking questions.
Vera is speaking fast. It sounds like French. Of course it it is French.
Sheets shuffle and Vera carries on rattling in French. Laughter, lots of
laughter. this is a happy family. I hear the chair creak. I am sure they are
almost done. Footsteps come towards me.
"Ms. Juliette can I please take the paper from here," Vera asks.

I respond very quietly, not wanting to disturb the other presenter I can hear.
The door closes, I overhear faint sounds, chairs grind and squeak at the same
time. I know a new family has just entered. A little whiff of air comes towards
me, it must be Vera holding the large sheet of the Biome game they created in
class. I hear tapping sounds, they definitely are playing the game. More laughter
and a thump.
"I won!" a male voice croaks.

The light sweep of air passes by me, Vera must be taking the game back to the
carpet. The other student is talking, excitedly. I hear light hums and dad
asking questions.The chairs drag on the floor, I suppose Vera's family are
leaving.                                                                                                                                            "Goodbye, Ms. Juliette."                                                                                                                    "Thank you, Ms. Juliette."
 I wave gently. One family over, nineteen more to go.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for writing. I imagine it heightens your perception of the experience, drawing our attention to things that often go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete