Wednesday 28 February 2018

Memories

Memories


This month, my chronicles, written and shared about memories of my childhood will be compared to life today .


Memories of growing up in West Africa in the 1970s and 80s. Some of them blurred but others vivid. In order to make the blurred memories pronounced, I count on facts I know and from reliable conversations and reading.

Moreover, a tradition of storytelling aids me to share slices of my life exposing differences that exist today. An enjoyable childhood, completely different from the experiences of children in the same part of the world, today.


5 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to hear about your childhood! I’ve never written about mine. Wonder if I have a small moment way back there in my long term storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see how you weave past and present; here and there; throughout your slices. You have me hooked -- your storytelling style is already impacting your reader. See you tomorrow!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading your slices about your childhood and how you craft your storytelling with past and present. Here's to 30 stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Childhood memories...what a perfect thing to slice about! This would also be great to have as a memoir and to have down "in writing" for the future. I look forward to reading about what it was like growing up in West Africa! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it is going to be really interesting to read. Can't wait to hear your reflections!

    ReplyDelete